BOC: at alban-ee, watch the DVD, hear the CD! BOC.

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Oct 24 11:37:56 EDT 2002

On 24 Oct 2002, at 11:02, Scruton, Jason wrote:

> Rondinelli is described by the reviewer as a "meat fisted assault"
> during "the Reaper", and "more than once Bloom had to signal him to
> ease off."

Hmm...anyone really believe this?  I've seen the band with BR on
drums many times, and he always overplays, and nobody has ever
told him to ease off.  I doubt he'd listen if they did!

Surpised, too, to see This aint the summer of love was in
> the set.

They play this once every 5 gigs or so.  Not a big surprise..

> I didnt go because i reallly really disliked the idea of supporting
> BOC"s opening act, Antigone Rising, by paying for a ticket.  Saw that
> band open for Joan Jett and they ugh..... i won't continue.

Right, like they got more than 200 bucks for the gig...

Not to mention Quicklime
> Girl. I dont think Rondinelli gets the vibe of the tune so he beats
> living and dead horses on his drum fills, but Buck's note for note
> revisiting of his most angular solo on vinyl is worth it.

finally, we agree on something!  A perfect rendition of a perfect
solo...

Also,
> never knew that Allan Lanier soloed in LAst Days of May until I saw
> the Dvd. He is good.

Huh?  I've always thought AL's solos were embarassing.  And, with
a guitarist like BD in the band, why would anyone else even want to
try and solo?  Although AL's lead on Harvest Moon ain't half bad,
what's the point, except to set up BD's second part?

> Be happy with what you have to be happy with!

I am pretty much happy with LDN.  Sound is crisp, song selection
okay [but only becasue Telepaths made it to the DVD].  Wish
they'd tossed in SYiB instead of another BfY...

theo