Hawkwind and the miracal of ebay

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Thu Oct 24 13:26:06 EDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 06:44:49PM -0400, Chuck Rosenberg wrote:
> In a message dated 10/23/02 2:31:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> michael_1968 at OZEMAIL.COM.AU writes:
>
> > A cd copy of QSC just sold for 55 pounds on ebay.  Thats nearly $150AU
>
> Well then why did mine only fetch $20US????

Bummer.  Depends partly on how recently another one sold, I think
-- if the person who was willing to bid a huge amount did so and
won, he won't be bidding on your copy.  And if another such person
hasn't come along yet...

I lost an auction for a copy of Hype (the book).  Shortly later
another copy came up, and I won that (yippee!) for a *lot* less
than I'd bid the first time.  But I bet that if it had been
months instead of weeks between the two auctions, the second one
would have gone for more than it did.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
The acronym for "the powers that be" differs by only one letter
from that for "the pointy-haired boss".