at alban-ee, watch the DVD, hear the CD! BOC.

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Oct 24 14:55:02 EDT 2002

On 24 Oct 2002, at 14:36, Mike Montfort wrote:

> ::->  Allan and Eric were
> ::->> playing a beautiful blue guitar (not at the same time of course)
> with ::->> a great airbrush painting of the BOC Cross with the reaper
> standing in ::->> front of it.  Sorry I don't know brand types by
> sight. ::->> ::->That would be an Eric bloom model by Harper.  EB has
> a couple of ::->them.  AL usually plays Fenders, a Lone Star Strat,
> or, lately, a 52 ::->reissue Tele... ::->
>
> Would that be a yellowish finish. Perhaps what he plays on LdoM?
> Fantastic sound from that guitar.

Sounds right.  Generally called 'butterscotch' among guitar
geezers...

> ::->> Buck played a lot of stuff on a headless guitar as well as a
> white ::->> guitar with divots in it looking almost like Swiss cheese.
> ::-> ::->Uh, the white one is headless too, a 'cheeseburger'
> Steinberger. ::->BD's choice for many years now...
>

> I'm thinking due to a possibly impared state, that the headless and
> the cheeseburger where one and the same..

BD usually brings 2 Steinbergers, sometimes 3.  A sunburst, the
swiss cheese model, and occasionally a black one...

and our fave bass player was
> playing a headless the entire show as well.

That's a switch.  He uesd to use a Jazz Bass, and sometimes a
Spector, I think...

> ::->Dominance - Submission yea that too.  Godzilla/Reaper of
> ::->> course.  Lips in the Hills as one of the encores was an
> interesting ::->> choice which I very much enjoyed. ::-> ::->Not
> usually an encore, so yeah!  Not always in the set list, but it
> ::->does appear from time to time, kind of like Teen Archer.  Did they
> ::->do that one? ::-> ::-> New stuff was Perfect Water, See ::->> you
> in Black and Pockets. ::->> ::->Glad SYiB is back in the set...
>
> Very much done in an almost punk style.. much harder than on the
> studio.

A great live tune.  Ultimate BÖC...

theo