Wembley

Jobson, Eddie EJobson at THRUPOINT.NET
Fri Oct 25 05:16:40 EDT 2002

Sorry been off air for a few days. Yes that was a Trust song. Re-read my
brief review and it sounded a bit negative! Wasn't knocking the band just
the sound and venue, I actually thought they did alright considering the
technical problems/limitations.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Linsley
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Sent: 20/10/02 14:20
Subject: Re: Wembley

My ears are still ringing too.

Motorhead set list for those interested -

We Are Motorhead
No Class
Shoot You In The Back
Civil War
God Save The Queen
Brave New World
Metropolis
Love For Sale (I think)
Dr Rock
Ramones
Shut Your Mouth
<a track i can't remember>
Damage Case
<a sort of Lemmy solo thing that is on an album but I
just can't place>
You Better Run
Sacrifice
Orgasmatron
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Iron Fist
-----------
Bomber
Ace of Spades
Overkill

Good selection I thought.

HW sounded better from nearer the stage, but back by
the mixing desk it was a bit of a muddle.  Loads of
guitar feedback at one point for Huw.  Alans vocals
only cut in during the Watcher.  Arthur Brown clearly
didn't know the words to Master but it didn't stop
him.  Tim seemed to be playing mainly synthy swizzles,
and at some points just wandered offstage altogether.
Despite these problems they were pretty tight,
especially Huw, Master was very good, the Palestine
section in Hassan was kept brief.  I'm glad I went, it
was fun, a variation on a HW gig that you won't see
very often!  If they got some dosh for it and
recruited a few more HW fans then so much the better.

Can anybody here confirm my belief that the Anthrax
number Antisocial is in fact the song by the French
band Trust who toured with Iron Maiden in 1981?

So, what's happened to Simon, and will he be at
Walthamstow on Thurs?  Anybody know?

AL
My opinion