HW: Right To Decide lyrics

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Oct 26 09:55:16 EDT 2002

Steve Youles writes:

> Hi
>
> This isn't an attempt to reopen a recent thread.  I had a crack at
> deciphering the lyrics to Right To Decide, here's what we have so far, any
> corrections / suggestions gratefully received:

> I'm a digital consumer sitting safely in my room
> I watch my video and read my book
> My mind's on the surface with the news on the screen
> That's another area, it's so obscene
>
> You can't do this
> You can't do that
> You can't go forward and you can't go back
> You can't do this
> You can't do that
> You can't go forward and you can't go back
>
> I'm not a party person I'm a TV fan
> There's so many things that I don't understand
> I didn't want to steal and TV is my thrill
> It's a peculiar game...

Did you ever get my lyrics file? My attempt went thusly:

Right to Decide
===============

I'm a digital citizen safe in my room
I've got my video to relieve the gloom
My mind's on a circuit with the news on a screen
Life's a no-go area it's so obscene

'cause you can't do this, you can't do that.
You can't go forward and you can't go back.

I'm a plugged in person, I'm a TV fan
but there's so many things that I don't understand
Why do you want to steal? When on TV it's not real
It's a viewing game