HW: Burg Herzberg

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Mon Oct 28 05:04:23 EST 2002

Hi Folks...

Was just (once again) checking at www.thinkprogressive.de to see if Amon
Duul II tour was announced (again, no dice), and I saw a long list of things
in Kalle's mail order stock that are on sale (perhaps this sale isn't new,
but I'd never really taken notice of it before).  So there are lots of
interesting things there for just 7 Euros apiece and such.  But re:
Hawkwind, there are, offered at the bottom of the page, videos of Burg
Herzberg festivals of the past, from 1996-2001.  (I can't figure out how
much they are asking for these ones specifically, and whether they are just
one tape per event (which then *can't* include all the sets of all the
bands, even if recorded at 6 hr. length w/ poorer quality)).  I can't
remember what year Hawkwind played (just one track from that show appeared
on the BH#1 compilation, and that was Love in Space IIRC), but I'm guessing
it was 1997, 'cause that particular tape is 'ausverkauft' (sold out)!
Someone please confirm this, and if anyone has this tape, I'd be interested
in opinions as to its quality (of picture/sound), quality (of 'view,' i.e.,
multi-camera), and setlist of HW's performance.  And who else appears on
this tape.  (Presumably it was done in PAL only, which is another problem.)

That's all...Grakkl (FAA)