HW: my position on this list, Hawkwind and The Legendary Pink Dots

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Oct 31 18:27:30 EST 2002

>Let me explain abit my position on Hawkwind and boc-l
>since I have recently been controversial on this
list,
>people calling me a c*nt and stuff like that.

I remain knowing of my position at the least.

>I've been a bona fide Hawkwind deadhead since 1988
>with the "Chronicle Of The Black Sword" CD on
>Flicknife,

This was stolen from me at the airport in France last
year with a batch of other CD's and personal pictures
when visiting my family in New York. Anyone with spare
copies of the Flicknife version of this CD for sale or
trade pls. contact me.

>and was officially initiated deadhead at my
>first Hawkwind live experience at the Alaska in Oslo,
>'91. They were a power trio very well captured on the
>same tour on the "Kings of Speed, Lords of Light"
>bootleg CD.

Bernhard Pospiech has since kept bugging me for live
recordings of this show, of which I can conjure up
none.

>I have since acquired over 120 Hawkwind CD's and will
>remain faithful to Hawkwind forever. I just recently
>had to toss my old Hawkwind/Screaming Lord Sutch
>t-shirt I bought at the show because it was so worn.
>Wore an Earth Ritual patch on my army coat for years.
>Also had to get the Black Sword tour programme too
for >my Michael Moorcock/Hawkwind archive.

Call me hotheaded, but I got rid of a bunch of CD's
and memorabilia when Hell's Angels kept bugging me
over being a Hawkwind deadhead for all these years,
accusing me of being some kind of jew kid out of
Australia.

>I turned onto dothead when I saw the Legendary Pink
>Dots play Oslo in '97. Particularly fell for "Faces
In
>The Fire", "Asylum", "From Here You'll Watch The
World
>Go By" and "Legendary Pink Box".

Edward Ka-Spel has a comforting voice.

>I first joined this list in 1996 and have been a
>sporadic contributor ever since.

Hope I remain welcome.

>Anyway, just had to a few things off my chest, nazi
or
>no nazi, probably more of a skinhead or a punk or a
>hippy all the way, either way... a dothead is a
>dothead is a deadhead, a deadhead, a deadhead...

Amen. Shave your head or just get a mohawk when all
else seems redundant.

-Chr.

crankstuf: marmelade, makka, kransekake
speedfreak Front 242: take a walk