HW:Nik/Farflung

Sara Zaza prabbit at GOWEBWAY.COM
Wed Sep 4 05:56:50 EDT 2002

Regarding Nik's recent contributions, I have to second whoever (Eric
Segerman perhaps) mentioned that Nik's performance during Harvey's set at
the last Strange Daze was excellent.  Very melodic, moody and atmospheric.
He was even in-tune! (a frequent and unfortunately accurate criticism of Nik
is that his sax or flute is frequently out of tune/sharp or flat) and never
intrusive with both his sax and flute playing.  It really made Harvey's set
a special appearance.  They should do it again together as a tour.....
Having said that, I've seen Nik many times when he was great, in good voice,
playing well, etc. but I've also seen him pretty untogether, out of tune,
forgetting lyrics, getting out of time with the band, and other antics.
But, hey, I'll still go see the old boy and just hope I get him on a good
night.

John Stanton