HW:Nik/Farflung

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Thu Sep 5 12:53:35 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 09:56:50AM -0000, Sara Zaza wrote:
> [...] I've seen Nik many times when he was great, in good voice,
> playing well, etc. but I've also seen him pretty untogether, out of tune,
> forgetting lyrics, getting out of time with the band, and other antics.

The same is true of HW, for that matter.  Not the details of what
makes bad gigs bad, but the general up-and-down-ness.  Consider
the recent Hastings and Hawkfest shows.

The Grateful Dead had that reputation too, IIR.

> But, hey, I'll still go see the old boy and just hope I get him on a good
> night.

Likewise!  As long as he's not billing himself as "X-Hawkwind".

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
[...] despite reports to the contrary, it is the rare programmer who
permanently loses his sanity while coding ("permanently" being the
operative word).
        - Eric E. Allen