NIK: new album

ChrisW Work CWarburton at OAG.COM
Tue Sep 10 07:41:10 EDT 2002

Oh for pete's sake, wake up and smell the coffee!  It's not bad at all, and
I love it because I was there, but from almost ANY perspective, that
statement just doesn't hold up... It's antiseptic & lacking atmosphere, and
although the sound quality is better than I would have expected from the
in-room sound, there's way too much missing.  Too much studio tinkering
methinks.   OK, OK it could be the complete collection of all of your
favourite hawksongs in one easy to use package etc. etc. but I seriously
doubt it will stand the test of time like SR.  And going outside of the
hawkzone there are probably over a dozen live albums that kick SERIOUS
ass!!! In the context of this list, "OYFOOYK" is a good place to start, "No
Sleep 'til Hammersmith"... Or how about "Live & Dangerous" (OK, so I know
that's supposed to have been doctored in the studio).  For my own more
specifically twisted tastes, all but one of Last Exit's albums were recorded
live...  Then there's "Live At Leeds". Check out the Jack Bruce "BBC In
Concert" set...  OK, I'll shut up now, but, get my drift?
My 2p worth
ChrisW