HW: Brock's Destruction of Hawkwind Reputation

Sun Sep 15 11:49:47 EDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, stephe lindas wrote:

> There just jealous. Echo drain or Echo brain. Why doesn't Led Zeppelin sue
> Dread Zeppelin? Whoever heard of Echo Drain before they sued? I never did.
> Why not Metallica and Elastica? Judge Trev was in a band called Iron Maiden
> in 1970. Now they're the ones who should be suing.

        Um, unless I'm much mistaken, Metallica *did* sue Elastica. But
Elastica were making such huge pots of money at that point in time that
they shrugged it off out of court as Nirvana did Boston for the `Smells
Like Teen Spirit' riff. And as someone else said I don't think Led
Zeppelin's estate have left Dred Zeppelin alone to get on with it... Help
sharks! Yours,
                Jon

--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)