BOC: Nosferatu

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Sep 16 07:38:54 EDT 2002

On 16 Sep 2002, at 0:04, Brad Dahl wrote:

> I saw them do this on the Spectres tour in LA (can't remember the
> venue, but I was very close).  It was great.  I remember Joe ripping
> on that Alembic bass he had.
>
> I always enjoyed the Joe songs.  Liked his singing, loved his playing.
>  He is one of my biggest bass influences, and here he is no longer a
> bass player!  It's not right.

Actually, Joe never really WAS a bass player.  He started on guitar
and keyboards, and, I think, studied keyboard in college.  He wound
up on bass because the band needed somebody, and already had a
pretty good guitarist.  For that matter, Allen never really wanted to
play a lot of keyboards, preferring guitar.  Again, that spot pretty
well filled, so Allen started playing more keys.

Joe is such a great musician, that he was able to switch over to
bass, and play it like the natural player he is...

theo