OFF: PSEUDO SUN

Chris Raymond chrisr at TIAC.NET
Mon Sep 16 14:33:19 EDT 2002

I clicked on the link on the website (you gave the link for) to order it,
and an email window came up. I asked for ordering info and an awaiting a
reply. I am really looking forward to this. I also have something besides
the first album called Captain's Log - Astral Voyage that is very good.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Andreas Stuewe
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 2:25 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: PSEUDO SUN

and Jerry Kranitz wrote:
> I'll second the plug for the new Pseudo Sun. (And nice artwork Andreas!).
> Excellent space rock with some cool proggy influences. In fact, I
contacted
> Juba about stocking the disc so hopefully I'll be an outlet for it in the
US
> soon.
>
> Jerry

Thanks very much, Steve and Jerry.
It´s really a great album. 45 min and 5 tracks, absolutely no fillers there
to make it an 80 min CD. Juba really put much effort into this album.

A few days ago I went to see the dutch band 35007 again after some years (I
saw
them first in 91 supporting HW in Tilburg/NL). They are an instrumental
space
rock outfit doing some very heavy blanga. And that´s just it: blanga,
blanga,
blanga. Inbetween the songs they had some ambient synth noodling though.
For about 45 min as support act it´s really good. But after one hour it was
too
much for me to endure, so I left. They had their new album "Liquid" for sale
for
a very reasonable price, but I didn´t care to buy it. I already have their
first
2 albums which is one more than you actually need. What I´m trying to say is
this: I love some heavy blanga, yes, but it must be placed in the context of
song, like HW do. Or like Juba does it with PS.

You can use my little write-up about PS for Aural Innovations if you want
to,
Jerry. By the way, keep up the great work with AI. I only wish it would be a
printed mag again!

Enough of all these flatteries now,
back into lurking mode

Andreas