HW: Wembley

Si Halley si at SICKTHINGSUK.CO.UK
Thu Sep 19 11:10:02 EDT 2002

> > 1. HW should NEVER support Anthrax! It`s Silly!
> > 2. They`re going to get extremely mixed response at best from the heavy
> > metal kids
> > 3. Is this Lemmy attempting to prove he has nothing to do with the
> > Anti-Dave
> > spam/court case and isn`t on Nick`s side after all? Seems strange that
> > after
> > all this time he picks now to offer HW a support slot on a bill they
don`t
> > really fit at all.
> >

> #3: i think you're giving Lem too much credit for what probably boils down
> a business decision, and one most likely one not made by him.

Probably. But it seems an odd choice for a promotor to choose, given the
other bands on the bill. There are thousands of bands more obvious a choice.
Let`s be honest, apart from the Lemmy connection, there`s not a lot the
bands share in common.

> i absolutely agree with #2
>
> #1: 'Silly' or not, i think a band of working musicians, hoping
perpetually
> to get some exposure and make a few bucks, would disagree (again: a
business
> decision at its core).

Oh of course. If the band were offered it, I`m sure it`s a good business
decision to do it, no question. They get a set fee and if they get their
music out to even a few new fans who are interested through the Lemmy
connection, it can only be for the good.

Si