BOC: Don't Fear The Bloody Reaper

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Thu Sep 19 11:17:46 EDT 2002

Richard Lockwood wrote:

> OK - quick show of hands here.  How many people have told folks in the pub
> that BOC is their favourite band ever, only to hear the response "Didn't
> they do 'Don't Fear The Reaper' - I've never heard anything else..."?

Some people I've talked to didn't even know DFtR, let alone BOC. And this
after the Apollo 440 version was on the radio and Metallica had covered
Astronomy. Granted, they were mostly into women singer/songwriters, but
still, they should have at least heard of "the amazing Blue Oyster Cult."

Brian