HW: Wembley

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Thu Sep 19 16:02:37 EDT 2002

> Maybe Hawkwind could do the entire IITBOTFTBD album from start to
> finish?  (If they're pressed for time, they could drop "Letting In The
> Past," "The Camera That Could Lie," and "Gimme Shelter.")  That would
> go over great guns with the Anthrax fans, especially those waiting
> patiently for their diet of "crunchy riffs." >;-)

Talking of Anthrax, my mate Steve (singer with BPNF) has done me a very
attractively packaged double CD set of dodgy 80's thrash/death metal.
Entitled "Look how scary we are!" it contains "Thrash & Death from when we
were young and thought this stuff was the mutt's fucking nuts" (according to
the sleeve - and very nice it is too, packaged in a double DVD cover...)

Tracklisting as follows...

Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Mercyful Fate - A Corpse Without A Soul
Celtic Frost - Into The rypts Of Rays
Megadeth - My Last Words
Morbid Angel - Suffocation
Slayer - Aggressive Perfector
Anthrax - A.I.R.
Death - Baptized In Blood
Venom - Welcome To Hell
Exodus - A Lesson In Violence
Possessed - Seven Churches
Death Angel - Kill As One
Voivod - Fuck Off And Die (Which I assume is a cover of the Venom classic)
Kreator - Flag Of Hate
Destruction - Curse The Gods
Carcass - Regurgitation Of Giblets
Metallica - Whiplash
Bathory - Blood Fire Death

Disc 2

Helloween - Walls Of Jericho / Ride The Sky
Nuclear Assault - Hand The Pope
Voivod - Korgull The Exterminator
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Deicide - Deicide
Possessed - Death Metal
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Mercyful Fate - Curse Of The Pharaohs
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Metal Church - Metal Church
Sodom - Agent Orange
Megadeth - Peace Sells (But Who's Buying)
Slayer - Evil Has No Boundaries
Bathory - Dies Irae
Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver

I've just started playing it, and I'm very scared indeed...  :-)

I was most disappointed that he couldn't lay his hands on anything from
Impaler's wonderful "If We Had Brains We'd Be Dangerous", and I feel that
the omission of Atomkraft is a major flaw...

This CD set follows on from his six-CD set compilation of classic NWOBHM,
entitled "Metal For Grandmuthas".  (I take full responsibility for the
title...)

Ah, youth eh?  :-)

Cheers,

Rich.