HW: Wembley

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 19 22:28:53 EDT 2002

In a message dated 9/19/02 1:03:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK writes:

> Talking of Anthrax, my mate Steve (singer with BPNF) has done me a very
>  attractively packaged double CD set of dodgy 80's thrash/death metal.
>  Entitled "Look how scary we are!" it contains "Thrash & Death from when we
>  were young and thought this stuff was the mutt's fucking nuts" (according
>  the sleeve - and very nice it is too, packaged in a double DVD cover...)
>
>  Tracklisting as follows...
>
>  Obituary - Slowly We Rot
>  Mercyful Fate - A Corpse Without A Soul
>  Celtic Frost - Into The rypts Of Rays
>  Megadeth - My Last Words
>  Morbid Angel - Suffocation
>  Slayer - Aggressive Perfector
>  Anthrax - A.I.R.
>  Death - Baptized In Blood
>  Venom - Welcome To Hell
>  Exodus - A Lesson In Violence
>  Possessed - Seven Churches
>  Death Angel - Kill As One
>  Voivod - Fuck Off And Die (Which I assume is a cover of the Venom classic)
>  Kreator - Flag Of Hate
>  Destruction - Curse The Gods
>  Carcass - Regurgitation Of Giblets
>  Metallica - Whiplash
>  Bathory - Blood Fire Death
>
>  Disc 2
>
>  Helloween - Walls Of Jericho / Ride The Sky
>  Nuclear Assault - Hand The Pope
>  Voivod - Korgull The Exterminator
>  Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
>  Deicide - Deicide
>  Possessed - Death Metal
>  Exodus - Bonded By Blood
>  Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
>  Mercyful Fate - Curse Of The Pharaohs
>  Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
>  Death - Scream Bloody Gore
>  Metal Church - Metal Church
>  Sodom - Agent Orange
>  Megadeth - Peace Sells (But Who's Buying)
>  Slayer - Evil Has No Boundaries
>  Bathory - Dies Irae
>  Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver
>

>  I've just started playing it, and I'm very scared indeed...  :-)
>
>  I was most disappointed that he couldn't lay his hands on anything from
>  Impaler's wonderful "If We Had Brains We'd Be Dangerous", and I feel that
>  the omission of Atomkraft is a major flaw...
>
>  This CD set follows on from his six-CD set compilation of classic NWOBHM,
>  entitled "Metal For Grandmuthas".  (I take full responsibility for the
>  title...)
>
>  Ah, youth eh?  :-)
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Rich.

Hey, I object to the adjective "dodgy". :) As far as '80s death-thrash goes,
this is a great collection. Youth? Well, I'm 29 and still dig it... There
must be something more than pretentions of evil and shock to engender
someone's interest w/time past...  Metal Chuck