HW: POSTER enquiry

Bill Barwick bill.barwick at VIRGIN.NET
Sun Sep 22 05:35:25 EDT 2002

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:58:24 +0100, Jill Strobridge <jill at THETA-
ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

>I've been asked by a fellow Hawkfan to make an enquiry (see below) about
>a poster he once had that doesn't seem to be recorded anywhere.    I've
>looked through Robert Godwin's Illustrated Collectors Guide but there's
>no mention of it there.   It's possible it was issued with the Japanese
>version of Space Ritual but I don't have one of those.   Does anyone
>else?    And does it have a poster?   If not does anyone have any
>information on where the poster might be from.   The fact that it's
>cardboard puzzles me somewhat.    Is it possible it's a promotional
>display or something?
>
>Please contact Dave direct if you can help Dignumfam at aol.com  or send
>replies to this list (though I will forward any messages that come to me
>by mistake!)
>thanks!
>jill
>Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>

I've got  a copy of what sounds like the same poster somewhere. A lot of
stuff is packed away at the moment so I can't lay my hands on it but from
memory i got it around '78 or so, can't remember how or where from. It's a
panoramic shot, presumably from the same Space Ritual set and as far as I
can recall is about 12 inches by 2 feet +. It isn't cardboard but was
printed on thick, matt paper. Out of interest there's a couple of shots
from the same era in an album sized glossy book called "The Concerts"
published by Paper Tiger around '79, one double page full stage shot and
one from the side of the stage. The latter looks very much like Brixton
Sundown from the interior layout.

Still on the poster front, somewhere I've got a large glossy promo poster
for Captain Lockheed with Bob in makeup wearing a black SS uniform I think
(again this is from memory) with a girl wearing pilot's goggles. Haven't
seen this mentioned before, are there many of them about?

Bill