RRe: (Fwd) BOC NewsWire message

John Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Mon Sep 23 08:43:23 EDT 2002

> >Remember when the new album was called "Ezekiel's
> >Wheel," and it was coming out in March '97? :-)

More like 95 I think - Heaven Forbid eventually came out in 1998.  And
Ezekiel's Wheel would have been a much cooler title (and hopefully
better album cover artwork).

HECOMPLETESHEET.COM>

> >>=0D
> >> There's always Live '76, though yeah I know what
> >you mean.=0D
> >>=0D
> >Yeah, but I was hoping for a better sounding one.
> >But we can=0D
> >record off the DVD, I guess...=0D
>
> I have a really good live version of "Stairway" on a CD called "Rock and Roll Reapers", which is from some live show in Pasadena in '83.  I picked it up at some big record collectors convention in Binghamton, NY about 10 years ago.

That same recording also appeared as a CD called "Nail You Down" - good
version to be sure.  If the King Biscuit recordings ever get released
(which I somehow doubt), we'll get to hear probably an even better
version, recorded I believe in New York in the 75-77 time period.  A bit
of feedback during the song may mar the listening experience for some,
but it has one of the coolest intros for the band I have ever heard:

"The terror you spawned has returned to it's homeland!  Here they are
from New York City, the amazing Blue Oyster Cult!"

John