HW Hawkwind at Wembley & Other Stuff

Horse horse at DARKSTAR.UK.NET
Wed Sep 25 16:35:49 EDT 2002

Hi all

I was poking about on the Arthur Brown site and saw that the one and only God of Hellfire
will be joining Hawkwind on the bill. Not sure if this is with his own band or just singing with
the Hawkchaps but it should be interesting whatever.

On the subject of Bedouin/Harvey/Spacehead I saw them last Saturday at Rye and they
were truly splendid (especially Bedouin). Seeing Bedouin and listening to them made me
think about the Nik/Dave thing that's going on.
For the last number (the encore - Chasing the Dragon) 4 (x)members of Hawkwind were
playing (Alan/Simon/Danny/Harvey). All they needed was Dave to be there and they would
have been Hawkwind (a version of anyway). They didn't need to call themselves xHawkwind
or Alan Davey's Hawkwind etc. cos they can make a go of it on their own. So why can't Nik?
Just about everyone who loves the Hawks would benefit and so would Nik. Just think - we
might have had Nik's Space Ritual down at the Hawkfest as well! That would have been so
cool.

I won't be at the Wembley gig (can't stand Anthrax and hate Wembley) but I hope all who go
enjoy it and that the band have a good gig. It would be awsome if there was some inter-
mixing in the bands (as opposed to interbreeding which would be highly tacky!). Maybe
Dave (or Alan) could play with Lemmy or Lemmy would play with the Hawks for a couple of
numbers.

<Sigh - wishful thoughts>

Stay good

Horse