HW: 4 new re-issues

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Sep 26 06:25:42 EDT 2002

Stephan Forstner writes:

> Zones
> -----
> Comes in a mini-LP sleeve. The full front and back cover artwork from the
> original LP is reproduced, and is nice and crisp, looking a whole lot
> sharper than on the previous CD reissues I've seen, very nice. They've then
> done the original one better by listing the dates and venues for all the
> tracks.

Any chance of posting these?

> This is Hawkwind, Do Not Panic
> ------------------------------
> Comes in a gatefold mini-LP sleeve, the outer cover art has gold lettering
> and is a reproduction of the original vinyl art, the inner gatefold photos
> are of the band on stage at Stonehenge (at least one of them is, I think the
> others are too). My LP/12" copy has red lettering on a single sleeve, so I
> can't be sure, but I'm guessing the new reissue reproduces the original
> Flicknife inner gatefold art. Once again track dates/venues have been added,
> but it looks like they goofed slightly and were too late to print it
> properly, so the extra info is on a tastefully applied small gold sticker.

Again, it'd be good to see these to check the databases.

> Friends and Relations
> ---------------------

> 1) Who's Gonna Win the War? - here we've got the full-length version of this
> track, with the crashing-chords-intro that's been chopped off on all the
> other CD reissues I've heard (I haven't heard the first Flicknife CD comp).
> In fact AFAIK there is no other officially available version of this song
> that has this intro, they all start in with Harvey's bass line. Correct me
> if I'm wrong please. Good good good.

The Codex sez:

Who's Gonna Win The War?
 L  1     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock
 L  1 a   Friends And Relations I
 L  1 a   Victoria double album
 L  1 a   Best of Hawkwind Friends & Relations CD [Flicknife]
 L  1 b   Night Of The Hawk
 L  1 b   Independent Days, Vol. I
 L  1 b   Independent Days Volumes 1&2 CD
 L  1 c   Who's Gonna Win the War?/ Time of 7"

      *   1a, 1b, and 1c are edits & remixes of 1

Could you check the time for this track and let us know? Or better still
do a comparison with one of these?

> Space Ritual Vol 2

Is this the Deluxe double with all the stuff from Yuri Gagarin and In
The Beginning on it as well?

Thanks

FoFP