BOC/BRAIN: David Roter and a Long Day's Night

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Fri Sep 27 14:47:59 EDT 2002

some things:

Cellsum.com's updated the news.

2. On Al's drum solo, I know from talkign to him that part of what he does
in Godzilla is Cozy Cole's Topsy, Part Two. The rondinelli solo was better
than it usually is on the new'un-- was the drum solo really that short at
the gig? It suprises me.

3. The most inappropriate fills, to me, were on Quicklime Girl -- that song
has an attitude that's not.... um... Thud Bam. (Which is also my problem
with Cities... it's too slow tempowise as BOC plays it theses days).

4. Harvest Moon is much better tyhan the studio take... esp. the guitar
sound by Lanier-- I felt the effects on the HF version were too "edgy"...
the heaviness of the song is better portrayed on Long Days night.

5. the keys in stairway were right where I think they should be.

6. I winced at eric's intro to Cities.

7. King Crimson's USA remaster is very good... the extra takes of Fracture
and Starless are heptastic.

8. is great :)

Jason