OFF: Aural Innovations Radio: New Space Rock show + Hi-Note Music label special

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Sat Apr 5 09:40:59 EST 2003

http://Aural-Innovations.com

Announcements (April 5, 2003): We've just uploaded two new shows from Aural
Innovations Radio. One is a new Space Rock show (show #72) and the other is
a Hi-Note Music label special (show #71).

The April issue of Aural Innovation is on schedule for publication later
this month. As usual we've got lots of interesting interviews, articles, and
reviews lined up.

LOTS of news items this week so be sure and check them out below the playlists.

Aural Innovations Space Rock Radio (show #72)

Mantric Muse - "Cinope" (from Copenhagen Space Rock Festival 2002)
The Rabbit's Hat - "Ignorance Is Bliss" (from The Magician)
La Betoniera - "Brucia Amore" (from La Sfera Bianca)
Effetto Doppler - "Stato Di Grazia" (from Indifferenticieli)
The Linus Pauling Quartet - "Vegetable Man" (from Various Artists: The
Vegetable Man Project)
Nirnaeth Space Lab - "Big Bang" (from Not Of This Earth: Sci-Fi Movies Tribute)
Peter Frohmader - "No Panic V.2" (from Anubis Dance)
Floorian - "Alt.11" (from What The Buzzing?)
Nebula - "Full Throttle" (from Dos Eps)
Automatic Music - "Seduction Of The Inner Eye Awakening" (from Szumagumma)
Steve Lawson - "No More Us And Them" (from Not Dancing For Chicken)

Aural Innovations Radio: Hi-Note Music Label Special (show #71)

Hi-Note is a British label that focuses on Progressive Rock, but also
reissues obscure albums from the 1970's. They have a number of sub-labels
including Background, Aftermath, English Garden, and Headline. Visit their
web site at http://www.hinotemusic.com.

Clear Blue Sky - "Timelords Speak" (from Mirror Of The Stars)
The Ashqelon Quilt - "The Coin" (from The Event)
The Rabbit's Hat - "Say Yes" (from BBC & Related Acoustic Sessions)
Terri~B - "Girl Power" (from Wrap Me In Your Skin)
The Morrigan - "In The End" (from Hidden Agenda)
Tantalus - "Route Thirty Six Part Two" (from Lumen Et Caligo I)
Paul Rose - "Eastern View" (from Late Show)
Dogstar Poets - "Magic Mile" (from Off-Planet)
The Shape Of The Rain - "Hello 503" (from Unreleased Recordings 1966-1973)
Barra - "Gnosis" (from Eternal Magus)

So head on over to http://Aural-Innovations.com and click on the Radio link
to listen.

NEW IN STOCK to the Aural Innovations mail order catalog.
Copenhagen Space Rock Festival Compilation 2002: Compilation featuring live
and unreleased tracks by The Spacious Mind, Dark Sun (w/Nik Turner),
Darxtar, Gas Giant, Mantric Muse, and Pseudo Sun (w/Nik Turner).
The Vegetable Man Project - Compilation featuring 20 bands doing covers of
Syd Barrett's song "Vegetable Man". There are LOTS of variations on the
song, making this quite an interesting compilation. Participating artists
include The Linus Pauling Quartet, Tom Carter, Gastel Etzwane, Pulp_Ito,
Effetto Doppler, Yulan, Kable, Mandragora, Drona Parva, Delavega, Donna
Vegetale, Nick Bensen, Krut 182, Castemore, Menazone, Sixtynine and the
Continuous People, Max, Gnu, Potage, and Annavoid.
For more information visit http://aural-innovations.com/mailord/mailord.html

I received the following email from a gentleman names Steve Rowlstone who
recently contacted me regarding a ROBERT CALVERT film project he is working
on. I've included Steve's email at the end in case you care to contact him.
Here it is:

What we are doing is hoping to produce a documentary and a tribute to Robert
Calvert. We are interviewing as many people as we can who worked with Robert
i.e. Nik Turner, Adrian Shaw, Steve Pond, Simon House and others, as well as
Brian Tawn, Jill Calvert, Pete Pavli, Michael Moorcock, Tommy Grenas, Steve
Sneyd, Fred Reeves, Roger Neville-Neil. We are hoping that we will be able
to produce a documentary that covers all aspects of Robert's output - music,
plays, poetry and books - a lot of which people don't know much about, as
well as trying to provide more of an understanding of the person rather than
the persona.
All of the profits raised from the project have been offered to Jill
Calvert, who wants them donated to a charity that both she and Robert were
in favour of - one of the animal campaign groups I think - I've got it
written down somewhere.
We are also trying to build up a photo-gallery, so obviously we are looking
for any photo's of Robert - either on stage or more personal ones if
possible, as well as audio and video footage of Robert with Hawkwind and
solo. We are building up a large collection of live material and on the
tribute part of the project we are hoping to put out as much of a concert as
possible - just Calvert songs for obvious legal reasons. Although I've not
yet managed to get in touch with Dave Brock, hopefully soon and maybe we'll
be given permission - you never know!
As well as the docu-tribute, there will be a booklet with contributions from
Steve Sneyd, Jill Calvert, Steve Pond, Rod Goodway, Roger N-N, Brian Tawn -
either something written about Robert or recollections and stories that
didn't make there way into the film. I'm hoping to collect lots of peoples
favourite memories and stories - just little snippets so that people who
never met Robert, or ever saw him on stage can begin to see why he is still
such a respected and popular man - a genius who has affected many lives
either directly or indirectly through his music and words.
Steve Rowlstone (sr51 at cant.ac.uk)

NO PIGEONHOLES is a radio show hosted by Don Campau featuring music by home
produced and small studio artists from around the world in many styles. It
is broadcast on KKUP 91.5 FM to the San Francisco and Monterey Bay Areas
twice a month, the 2nd and the 4th Sundays from 3-5 PM. www.kkup.com
European broadcast and additional internet archiving by Radio Marabu, a
shortwave collective in Germany. www.RadioMarabu.de
Past playlists are available at: http://lonelywhistle.tripod.com/playlists
CDs and cassettes of past shows are also available, contact me for details:
campaudj at jps.net
Feel free to send your music for airplay. I am especially interested in
airing home recordings.

Prorgression Magazine is interested in reviewing Space Rock & Psychedelic
bands. Progression is published quarterly and is a huge glossy mag with good
distribution. For more information visit their web site
www.progressionmagazine.com or email publisher John Collinge at
progzine at aol.com.

A GATHERING OF THE TRIBES
Pooterland were involved in helping to promote what was to be a legendary
Psychedelic/Multi-media Experience in London. At the time we were
contracturally bound not to issue any details regarding the venue and names
of the artists but events  have taken a twist so here's the deal:
The event was planned to take place at the famous Roundhouse in Chalk Farm,
London on Sunday 25th May 2003 and was billed as  Implosion At The
Roundhouse 2003 - A Gathering of The Tribes.
In light of the war in Iraq the original sponsors of a series of events
(including this one) have cancelled leaving this wonderful project out on a
limb.
The Implosion promoters want to do this now on their own but need to gauge
popularity to see how viable this would be to do  and if it looks good the
event COULD WELL TAKE PLACE!!
What you all need to so is send an email to the following address and show
your support: ig at btconnect.com
It is VITALLY IMPORTANT that the subject line of the email is ROUNDHOUSE
This will be a 8+ hour event and tickets are likely to be around £20-25 each.
The following artists are booked to appear (this line up is AMAZING):
Blue Cheer, Crazy World of Arthur Brown, The Deviants, Dantalions Chariot,
Kevin Ayers, Man, Michael Horowitz, The Purple  Gang, Terry Reid, Linda
Lewis and guests will all be appearing. There aren't many of us left but
those that are, will be there en masse and
hopefully younger people who "connect" will be  there too.
On the decks for this monumentous occasion is the legendary Jeff Dexter (The
Milky Bar Kid) of UFO, Middle Earth and the  original Implosion at The
Roundhouse fame.
It will be an excursion into the past but with todays technology at our
disposal. (web cast and such).

LARRY MAROTTA ON THE ROAD
THURSDAY, APRIL 10, 9 p.m. (doors at 8)
Larry Marotta (acoustic guitar), Dave Stone (reeds), Danny McClane
(percussion), and Mark Sarich (cello)
Each of us will do a short solo set, then perform as a quartet later in the
evening.
Lemp Avenue Arts Center, 3301 Lemp Ave, St. Louis MO 63118. 314.771.1096.
http://www.geocities.com/lnac_temp/
FRIDAY, APRIL 11, Larry Marotta (acoustic guitar) and Jack Wright
(reeds)/Bob Marsh (cello),  7 pm, Jazz Central Station, Hilton Springfield,
700 E. Adams, $5
http://elevatorshoe.com/INMS/
SATURDAY, April 12, 9 pm
Larry Marotta (acoustic guitar), Kyle Bruckmann (oboe), Ernst Karel
(trumpet/electronics), I'll do a short solo set, followed by a trio set.
Candlestick Maker, 4432 N. Kedzie Ave., Chicago, Just north of Montrose.
Kedzie stop on the Brown Line, 3 blks. south. The sign above the door reads
"PERFECT rubber stamps"}
http://www.candlestickmaker.org, 773-463-0158