HW: Yuri etc...

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Apr 7 15:02:17 EDT 2003

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:48:42 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>What Voiceprint seem to lack is
>any kind of extra-English distribution, but people on-list from
>outside the UK don't seem to be able to get the EMI stuff either, so I
>don't really understand that as they can hardly lack such things.

That may be true for the smaller extra-English markets, but in San
Francisco, it's pathetically easy to find Voiceprint releases (at least,
same as with Jon, Hawkwind and the Fall, the bands I'm most interested in),
both at the corporate (Virgin Megawhore) and indie (Amoeba, Rasputins)
store levels.  The only problem is that they're not very timely about it; I
still haven't seen copies of Canterbury yet (so I ordered mine online), but
the Collectors series, Weird reissues, 'Yule Ritual', etc. can all be
easily found here.  I'm sure the situation is similar in NYC, LA, and
Chicago, but probably not in smaller markets.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com