HW: EMI Reissues & what about 5.1 surround

Chris Gibbs chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Tue Apr 8 17:09:28 EDT 2003

Hi ya,

Yup Dark Side of Moon 30th aniversary hybrid sacd sounds GREAT!!!
Even sounds great on conventional cd player (better than I remember an
earlier cd sounding)

So what is an sacd?  Can they be copied as sacd?  That is are any of the
sub-channels used for audio or is the encoding somehow done in the
equivalent wav file you get by ripping in the conventional manner?

Strange thing is one (pc dvd) player refuses to play this cd
One pc dvd player has noticable micro gaps between tracks
and cheepie pseudo 5.1 system plays it fine.

A copy I made is perfect on everything but is the copy still 5.1?

Chris