on TV in two days!

Nick English nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Tue Apr 8 23:06:12 EDT 2003

Yes it was on.  Love all around to Jason for alerting us to it.  I never would have known otherwise.  it wasn't a bad show, either, although I would have enjoyed something a little looser and more probing.  (--Sexual innuendos, anyone?)

VH1 Classic is fast becoming one of my favorite channels.  A couple weekends ago they did that Metal Mania weekend with Leslie West.  I taped about 18 hours of videos, just in case some classics were in there.  I've watched about 1/3 of what I taped so far, and most interesting things I saw were Black Sabbath's "Trashed", which is even more HORRIBLE than I remembered. . . "Stars" by Hear n' Aid, spearheaded by Dio and including Buck and Eric. . . and Spinal Tap's "Majesty of Rock", which I didn't even know they made a video for.

And for a certain someone on this list, I also caught TWO Y&T videos. . . Summertime Girls and Lipstick & Leather.

Other than that, there was tons of forgettable stuff, like Bon Jovi, Poison, Crue, etc.  They also had some pretty heavy stuff like Slayer, Exodus, etc.  Also a lot of bands you probably did indeed forget, like Leatherwolf, Kick Axe, Raven (Who were actually pretty good in their day)and the Mama's Boys.

--And by the way, did anyone else know that Stryper did a cover of the song "Shining Star"?  Makeup-wearing, mousse-haired white boys singing '70s R&B.  Whoever came up with that idea should have been shot.  Or, since we're talking Stryper, perhaps a good SMITING would suffice.)

I haven't come across any Motorhead yet, but I've got 12 more hours to get through.

--Nick