OFF: Re: other bands

Chris Allen beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 9 11:00:59 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Jon Jarrett <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK>

>         Clutch. One of the finest bands currently going...

I'll have to second this.  I'm a very recent convert because they're one of
the few heavy rock bands going at the moment who actually groove.  I find
this to be of immense importance.

>         Queens of the Stone Age. Everything else from the ashes of Kyuss
> (whom I assumed were too obvious to list separately) has stalled rather,
> which is a pity given how fabulous John Garcia's voice is, but QotSA go
> from strength to strength. Another one that's hit the level of being
> commercial and *good* at the same time, every album hits new highs and
> freshly raises its lows.

Apparently John Garcia is working as a Dental Assistant at the minute.
Funny old world.
What about The Masters of Reality, Kyuss/QotSA producer Chris Goss' band?  I
bought their 1st LP when it was released and have loved it ever since -
1999's Welcome to the Western Lodge was also fanastic.  The other two studio
albums disappointed me a little - maybe the live CDs will be better.