HW/NIK: Question for Messrs Anderson & Turner

Yuri Eggarin stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Wed Apr 9 16:43:50 EDT 2003

Doug Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM> wrote:
> The one shady bit that I just noticed on my Decal/Charly 'Yuri Gagarin'
> CD is that the non-EMI tracks which are Calvert poems ("In The Egg",
> "Wage War") are credited to Nik, and not Bob.  Although one can easily
> argue that if it had the correct songwriting credits, it wouldn't be a
> real Hawkwind live album!

Interesting bit of info from
 http://aural-innovations.com/issues/issue18/10_fix.html
"In The Egg" is a poem by Günter Grass, translated by Michael Hamburger
(German text in "Gleisdreick", Hermann Luchterhand Verlag GunBH, 1960), the
translation published in Grass "Selected Poems", Seckerd Warburg, 1966, and
reprinted in two SF anthologies edited by Judith Merrill ("SF 12", 1968,
USA, and "The Best Of Sci-Fi 12", Mayflower 1970)

Stephan