OFF: Re: other bands

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 10 07:32:21 EDT 2003

I just want to give some praise to the electronica and techno music that I
have listened to on and off (I'm currently 'on' again) since 1992. Namely
the Aphex Twin, especially the early R&S stuff, and Squarepusher. Also the
countless tracks that my friends and I used to listen to on an Amsterdam
pirate radio station of old-style euro-techno. It was hard, dark, acidic
and electronic, completely different from the crappy piano rave music
played in UK clubs in the early 90s.