(the real) Death Trap lyrics

kgerwers kg at THING.DE
Thu Apr 10 19:50:33 EDT 2003

hi everybody -
another call for help from any of you native speakers/listeners out there...
I am actually working on a flash-version of DEATH TRAP - but
some words might be just not quite right - at least when I compare
the lyrics I have in front of me with the actual studio-recording.
could some friendly soul out there clear this up?

I am pasting in the lyrics I got - but some lines definitely differ from the
actual recordings...the odd word here and there might just be daftly wrong...
thanks for help, as always....
knut

here are the lyrics:

In the back of my neck I can feel a strange sensation
Feels like I'm heading for the crisis of all creation
Only those with death wish understand my situation
Feels like Jesus Christ heading for the Stations
In my death trap, death trap
Running in my death trap, death trap
Chicken running in my death trap, death trap
Heading for the crossroads of fiery crucifixion
Lighting up the night sky with bitterness distinction
While I hold a wheel of fate, smell of burning friction
I feel like a hero heading for extinction

DEATH TRAP

In the back of my neck I can feel a strange sensation
Feels like I'm heading for the crisis of all creation
Only those with death wish understand my situation
Feels like Jesus Christ heading for the Stations

In my death trap, death trap
Running in my death trap, death trap
Chicken running in my death trap, death trap

Heading for the crossroads of fiery crucifixion
Lighting up the night sky with bitterness distinction
While I hold a wheel of fate, smell of burning friction
I feel like a hero heading for extinction

In my death trap, death trap
Running in my death trap, death trap
Chicken running in my death trap, death trap
It's the smell of burning plastic   (??? is it "smell"????)
Monkey on elastic, going up and down
Crank shaft cracking up
Oil pressure going down
Brake drums blowing out
Tires on fire now
Differential (or: Detrimental??) seize up, oil blast cam shaft
Worn out pistons rings, brake fade, brake fade
hydraulic leak out, radiator overheat
Monkey on elastic, going up and down
Smell of burning plastic,
It's the smell of burning plastic,
Monkey on elastic, going up and down

In my death trap, death trap
Running in my death trap, death trap
Chicken running in my death trap, death trap
death trap, death trap ....
DEATH-WISH