HW: Family Tree

Alan Linsley alankerren at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Apr 14 16:24:00 EDT 2003

At last some interest.  My first ever post to the Yahoo group was on
this issue and I think I got just one reply :-(

I think it is most likely Stonehenge 79, unless the cheering is
overdubbed a la Social Alliance, Business Trip, in which case it may be
studio.  Stonehenge 79 is listed in Adrian Parr's Roadhawks gig book.

Dave credits it as HW 79, so for me the line-up has to be
Brock/Bainbridge/Swindells/King.  It must reamins-of-Hawklords rather
than the new Hawkwind of Live 79 fame.  You can hear Huw isn't on it,
the only lead guitar is Dave's trademark chopping.  Tim isn't on it,
the keybds are far more like the spiralling sounds of Valium Ten,
British Tribal Music.  Can't be sure on the bass & drums but it ain't
likely to be anybody else around that time, except maybe the mysterious
Mike Smith of Valium Ten fame - anybody know who he was?

This is a rare gem, and the fact that Dave can spring something out of
his archives like this after 20+ yrs just goes to show you never know
what's around the corner.  Come on Dave, release the whole show!

AL

 --- Bernhard Pospiech <bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE> wrote: > Hi