BRAIN: Touring info that's phat!

Paul G paul.gittins at SKIPTON.CO.UK
Wed Apr 16 07:38:36 EDT 2003

Si,

First an apology.  Please excuse my comment, which was written in the heat
of the moment, and without the detailed knowledge of the large amount of
work which you clearly put in to Sickcon 1.  And the main thrust of my
message wasn’t supposed to be directed at you; so sorry!

But the fact remains that one of the reasons I’ve been given (admittedly,
at second hand) for the tBS tour falling apart is that the promoter was
concerned about the small number of BOC fans at Sickcon.  And I would take
issue with that for a couple of reasons:

- You said yourself that the publicity for Sickcon was geared towards Alice
fans;
- The disparity in numbers between those BOC fans who were at Crewe, and
those on the very well attended BOC UK tour last year, suggests that the
vast majority are not active at the various BOC forums (fora?!) on the ‘net.

This suggests to me that the 'net isn't necessarily the best way to get
through to a lot of fans; but that there is an "unrepeatable" opportunity
to get at a lot of BOC fans based around the BOC shows.  And I’m sure that
many of those of us who are active on the ‘net would be prepared to help –
I certainly would.

Although whether a BOC convention could ever be viable on a “commercial”
scale is has to be open to question; you’ve said that you lost money on
Sickcon, and Alice has a much bigger population of fans to draw on than BOC
has.  But wouldn’t it be fun if it came off ...??!