[SLOTERDIJK-Pod] One Eyed Bishops and/or SLOTERDIJK @ UK Summer Festival(s)

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Wed Apr 16 13:02:13 EDT 2003

I realize this reply comes directly on the heals of the announcement just made, but within the last 10 minutes we received a note from Hawkwind inviting SLOTERDIJK to perform at the Hawkfestival. We warmly accepted the invite and so when official slots & schedules become available, you'll get all that info from www.Hawkwind.com.
There is a link on the bottom right of their homepage that says 'Hawkfest 2003'

At this point the fate of our show in Colne is in the air. I may pass the gig on to another act or cancel.
So, if you want to see us in the UK this summer, best to plan on attending the Hawkfestival.
Remember, this is a private event, and requires the acquisition of a 'Hawkwind Passport' as a pre-requisite for entry. All that can be sorted via:
www.Hawkwind.com

Cheers & Peace! Mike Burro (SLOTERDIJK)

----- Original Message -----
From: Burro Mike
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 12:52 PM
To: boc-l at listserv.spc.edu; hawkwind at yahoogroups.com; sloterdijk-pod at yahoogroups.com; spunkmesiter at aol.com; tkperkins at earthlink.net; drehner at head-cfa.harvard.edu; ed at riverrats.net; hickam at clas.net; dreamwnd at apci.net; JVK at mac.com; rbose at talk21.com; livemusicmagazine at hotmail.com; warrendavis180 at msn.com; jmp at monitor.net; p.addison at t-online.de; barry at burbs.co.uk; webmaster at ukbands.net; perone.1 at osu.edu; Jay at struzzin.com; webmaster at bluesmatters.com; john at space-rock.co.uk; info at the-rocker.co.uk; mail at spitz.co.uk; headsmithuk at yahoo.co.uk; Bigpawsrecords at aol.com; rustic-rod at freecall-uk.co.uk; BCRich78 at comcast.net; RobinjED at manchuk.freeserve.co.uk; kim at blissaquamarine.net
Subject: [SLOTERDIJK-Pod] One Eyed Bishops and/or SLOTERDIJK @ UK Summer Festival(s) which one?

The One Eyed Bishops: UK Summer Festival News

The One Eyed Bishops are booked for 'The Great British R&B Festival, in Colne Lancashire. Our show is on Saturday, August 24, 2003 @ The Crown Hotel, Colne
Time 7:30-8:30 PM
visit www.bluesfestival.co.uk for a look at last year's website. Although it has not been updated yet, most of the info is still pertinent, like camping etc.

As many of you may know, Hawkwind are organizing their second annual summer 'Hawkfestival', this time around Blackpool and scheduled for August, 8th, 9th & 10th. See: www.Hawkwind.com

We are as yet unsure as to whether or not we will be invited to play this year. We have offered to do a show either as SLOTERDIJK or The One Eyed Bishops, whichever Hawkwind prefers.

If Hawkwind invites us and confirms an appearance of either band, we will likely have to cancel our show in Colne on the 24th.

What we are really trying to say, is that we can't do both gigs, because of time, money & travel, so we are waiting to see what happens. At this moment our show in Colne is 100% confirmed.

If you prefer to see us at the Hawkfestival, then you would be best to drop them a line, as we need to sort this out within a month or so. Also let them know which band you prefer; SLOTERDIJK or The OEBs

Here is the contact e-mail for the Hawkfest:

management at Hawkwind.com

Drop them a line with your thoughts. Once again, if we don't see you at the Hawkfest, we'll see you at The R&B Fest!!! Check them both out!!!!

Cheers! The OEBs
http://theoneeyedbishops.iuma.com
www.mp3.com/sloterdijk

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor