HW: Mudhoney & Earthlab

Thu Apr 17 07:35:44 EDT 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Dave Bottomley wrote:

        <snip>

> Also, I noticed in the Guardian's gig guide for the following week that a
> band called Earthlab are playing Manchester Life Cafe on Fri 21st. They're
> described as featuring members of Hawkwind, Angelwitch (!) & Sonic Boom's
> Spectrum. Anyone know anything about this lot &, particularly, who the
> ex-HWer(s) is/are?

        Well, I couldn't raise anything on Google about this at the time,
but now the gig's actually happened, a search on `Earthlab Spectrum' threw
up this: <http://www.the-jailhouse.com/earthlab2.htm>.

        From this it seems that it's `Earth Lab', two words, that the
ex-Hawks in question are Jerry Richards (all of them), and it's a project
with Alf Hardy of Paradogs, whose last album was of course called _Foul
Play at the Earth Lab_ so I suppose maybe we should have guessed. Seems to
be a very audio-visual thing and possibly not to be repeated, but had bass
from Pete Gordelier of Angelwitch too. So there's some more good
links... Yours,
                Jon

ObCD: Starfield - _Return to Earth_
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)