HW: Sabbaticals

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Thu Apr 17 13:36:42 EDT 2003

> > 5 date tour Nov 1999 -
> > Brock/House/Chadwick/Tree/Richards
> > with Harvey joining at 2nd gig
> > Keith Kniveton on synths at 4th gig
> > Nik guests for the last time with "normal" HW at 5th
> > gig.
>
>         Also Rizz 1st and, um, 5th gig it must be. Was Harvey not at the
> 3rd? Also, I show Dumpy as guesting at the 4th gig and Nik there
> too. Grateful for correction on this if it's not so.

I believe no Simon at the 4th gig, the Cornwall one(?).  It was the only one
I didn't make.  If it was Cornwall doesn't seem likely Dumpy would've been
there and its the first I've heard.  Rizz was at Wavendon Stables but
arrived late & didn't manage to attract  Dave's attention.  Ron saw him and
ccould be heard shouting 'Dave, Rizz is here!'.  He ended up sitting at the
front of the stage skinning up!

>         There was that "Whirlwind" gig in December too, Chadwick,
> Richards, Tree, Wishart, Taylor. I really did think Brock was going to let
> the young things carry in without him after that.

Plus Steve Bemand

>         I show a line-up in between this tour and Hawkestra, after the Nik
> Turner's Reunion Band gig with Huw and before Lemmy turned up on that Doro
> Pesch single, it being Chadwick-Richards-Tree-Brock-House-Davey and guest
> appearance by Dumpy. Dumpy being there means it must be a gig I meant. No
> idea what though. It would be Alan's return to the fold anyway.

Alan's return was at Hawkestra (unless you count the Hawk conventio gig at
Stourbridge with Nik, Harvey, Judge Trev & Danny).  Dumpy guested at the
Derby Rock & Blues in '99 (his birthday) and also at the re-located Rock &
Blues at Donington in '01, post-Hawkestra.