HW: Sabbaticals - a few corrections

Captain Bl@ck starfield at SUPANET.COM
Thu Apr 17 15:20:39 EDT 2003

Just to set the record (ahem!) straight...

> > 5 date tour Nov 1999 -
> > Brock/House/Chadwick/Tree/Richards
> > with Harvey joining at 2nd gig
> > Keith Kniveton on synths at 4th gig
> > Nik guests for the last time with "normal" HW at 5th
> > gig.

I played at St.Austell as did Nik - no Simon House there.

> > Hawkestra Oct 2000 (deep breath)
> > Brock/Bainbridge/House/Chadwick/Tree/Richards
> > Davey (yeaaay!)/Thompson/Kniveton/
> > Blake/Turner/Langton/Crimble/
> > Ollis/DikMik/Dettmar/Lemmy/Swindells/Powell/Slattery/
> > Griffin...and Samantha bloody Fox again
>
>         Also Paul Hayles, allegedly, somewhere.

Er...no Paul Hayles. And Mick Slattery did not play.

> Canterbury 2001: Chadwick-Brock-House-Kniveton-Lloyd Langton-Davey and
> Arthur Brown, someone in the crowd told me they'd heard from Keith
> Kniveton that Messrs Tree and Richards had been expected but not turned
> up, and that was the last we saw of them...

Actually that's not true. What I said privately to one fan (who shall remain
nameless) was that they wouldn't be there. There was never any suggestion
from me that they were expected.

> Gig or gigs shortly following have Jez Huggett and Tim Blake instead of
> Arthur Brown (is this the eclipse festival?)
>
> Nik takes over the Hawkestra moniker and this time gets Richards-Tree-
> Turner-Slattery-Griffin-Swindells-Ollis-Crimble-Dettmar-Anderson-Shaw and
> Jon Moss, the night of the four bassists
>
> Hawkwind now down to a core five-piece, Chadwick-Brock-House-Lloyd
> Langton-Davey but tour that winter adds Kniveton at two gigs and Huggett
> at one of them and Christmas Party adds Danny Thompson, Tim Blake and
> Captain Rizz, night where it became obvious that Brock-Blake-Chadwick
> should immediately start releasing techno records

Again not strictly true - I did 4 gigs on that tour.

>         Yours,
>                 Jon

No malice intended from me, Jon. It didn't go unnoticed you were playing
Starfield during a previous mail...