++++ HW: Covers All Final Call/ Studio album

Andrew Garibaldi Deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Thu Apr 17 18:57:46 EDT 2003

Yes- I did didn't I. Still better to say something and be wrong than say
nothing at all, I always say.
I think you might have missed the point of what I was getting at here - but
then I probably put it badly anyway.
C'est la vie
Andy G.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Jackson" <tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: ++++ HW: Covers All Final Call/ Studio album

On 17 Apr 2003 at 0:19, Andrew Garibaldi wrote:

> One thing occurs to me - this argument would not be happening prior to
> the arrival of the internet. Patience,then, was, indeed a virtue. I
> think we have all been led to expect practically daily bulletins from
> every musician saying what they'd just had for breakfast and what they
> intend to do today, etc etc. It's not the public's fault - it's the
> perception that people are led to expect ever more and more regular
> information, however inconsequential.

You said a mouthful!  BÖC fans were the absolute most patient in rockdom,
back in
the day.  They always took FOREVER between albums, and EB would  tease us at
concerts, saying the new album was coming in a couple months etc.  And this
was
when they were signed by Columbia, and were on top of the world.  Then, a
year
later, we'd see the new album!  It got to be an inside joke with us loyal
fans.  EB was
almost even winking when he said it--I guess, you couldn't tell for sure
with those
shades!

theo