HW: BOC: Moorcock interview

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 19 03:48:04 EDT 2003

Today I invested in a rather curious publication called The Brutarian, a
sort of underground music/film/literature 'zine, which has a long interview
with MM. I'm afraid I have neither the time nor the inclination to type the
whole thing up for re-posting here- and I don't have a scanner here so
can't do it that way either. But points of HW/BOC interest are that he says
he and HW are planning to repeat the live satellite link-up thing at some
point in the future, he says positive things about Yule Ritual, and that
Eric Bloom has asked him to do something- no further details on that.

Otherwise the interview is largely taken up with his views on sci-fi and
fantasy fiction and some stuff about his working methods. I'm not actually
a huge Moorcock fan, but those that are would probably find this interview
very interesting. In the same zine you get an interview with Colin Newman
of Wire, an article on lesbian erotica, and a whole bunch of reviews
including Acid Mothers Temple, Musica Transonica, and lots of cult horror
video stuff. Something for everyone!

If anyone wants to hunt this down, there is a contact address on the 'zine:

Brutarian
c/o Dom Salemi
9405 Ulysses Court
Burke
VA 22015

I suppose I should add the usual disclaimer for things like this- to wit:
I'm not plugging it, I know nothing about it beyond the above. I don't even
know how much it's supposed to cost- on one page it says $4 an issue, but
on the cover it says $2.95, which is how much I paid for this issue,
although there's something else that seems to imply that it normally has
more illustrations, so maybe this particular issue (no. 38) is a cheapo one-
off.

Nick