Calvert - performance / spoken words texts...help?!

kgerwers kg at THING.DE
Tue Apr 22 14:35:15 EDT 2003

 hello everybody....
behind the stage work on the Calvert site continues ...
besides o. new stuff and some real rarities I'd like to add those
texts that Calvert performed live (mostly in the early 80s, I believe)
as part of his "cabaret" programs (Krankschaft Cabaret / "Quark,
Strangeness & Charm o.a.)

Here's a list of texts I have on tape(s) from various performances:
Big Bad Girls from London
In Defense of the House of Lords
Yorkshire Ripper
Smoking Vernacular
Irish Non-Rebel Song
Dance of 39 Steps
England without the Times
Oswald Says
True Brit
High Seas

unfortunately...as (almost) always, the sound quality is rather bad
and not being a native-speaker I have troubles in transcribing these....
I am sure there are some of you out there, who have recordings of these
shows as well - and if you could help me out and 'decipher' these text,
it would be much appreciated... - and finally these texts would come into
the open for everyone...

there's also a sketch called "Churchill's secret Rock Deal" -
based on the poem from "Centigrade 232" - it was performed at
the London Arts Theatre on 13.6.81 by Pete Pavli and Jill Riches -
if anyone can decipher that as well...
and - of course - if you know of any other texts on tape or paper, I'd
love to hear from you....

what I already got are the "Telstar" and "The little bit that won't lie down" texts - so, you don't have to bother 'bout these...

many thanks for your help in advance...
k.g.

ps: does anyone know what happened to Trevor Hughes? is he still publishing
his magazine?