HW: Sabbaticals - a few corrections

Sat Apr 26 16:12:52 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Bernhard Pospiech wrote:

> Maybe this (late) info gives you a little help
>

> Here are the lineups for the last 4 years
> If you need some other years please let me know

        Hi Bernhard, thanks very much for this, which sews up the few
gaps. I find myself in the unlikely position of being able to offer you a
correction or two though, not with the Hawkwind line-ups but the Nikwind
ones. I'm not sure which Nik bands you're including and which you aren't
(is it just those only Hawkwind ex-members played in?) but:

> TOWN:   HALL:   DATE:   DAY:    LINE-UP:
> Ystalyfera      Festival        21.07.2000      Fri     TU/LL/OL/CB/DI

        This was the Nik Turner's Reunion Band gig, yes? There was
Hawkwind All Stars (as it was billed) later in the year, which for your
table would be:

  Stourbridge           30.09.2000      Sat     TU/DA/BA/TH [+Judge Trev]

> London  Nikestra        21.10.2001      Sun     TU/TR/RI/SL/OL/CB/DI

        And you missed a few participants there. I know because I was
there :-) I don't know the right acronyms for your system here, but also
playing were: Martin Griffin, Steve Swindells, Del Dettmar, Dave Anderson
and Adrian Shaw, and Dik Mik was *not* there. Though Jon Moss and
Commander Jim Hawkman were. It was billed as Hawkestra.

        I have it noted that Nik performed soon afterwards just as Nik
Turner with Harvey Bainbridge also in the band but I don't know who the
rest of the band were or when they played.

        Then at the beginning of 2002 there were or was an or several
XHawkwind gig or gigs with a line-up of Nik, Thomas Crimble, Mick
Slattery, Del Dettmar, Terry Ollis and Ron Tree.

        Also Space Ritual.net shows with Turner, Crimble, Slattery, Ollis
and others at the end of 2002 and the second Greasy Truckers Party which
added Dave Anderson, Adrian Shaw, Ron Tree and Jerry Richards, followed in
December with shows with a line-up of Turner, Crimble, Slattery, Ollis,
Anderson, Dettmar and others, but I don't imagine you care about
these. Just not sure where you stop listing Nik gigs in the scheme of
things. If you want I can try and attach dates and places to these? Yours,

Jon

ObCD: Nebula - _Dos EPs_
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)