OFF: MC5:A true testimonial

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 28 20:25:16 EDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:03:18 -0400, Bolts of Ungodly Vision
<js3619 at ACMENET.NET> wrote:

>It's made its way to the city! Whoever an go, must go to check out the
>first bonafide documentary on the mighty sons of Detroit.
>

>>  2nd TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL
>>May 3 - 11, 2003 New York, NY
>>http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org
>>Wednesday, May 7, 10:45 PM, UA Five Theatre
>>Friday, May 9, 3:45 PM, UA Eleven Theatre
>>

>And, of course, if you go, drop a line to the list to give a sense of
>whether it  does kick out the jams or if it needs to get off the stage.

In the meantime, check out:

http://mc5japan.jp/

Clicking on the "MC5 100 Club" button takes you to an account of the
recent "MC3" performance, in aid of Levi's I'm sorry to say, and while I
can't read Japanese (any translation would be hugely appreciated) it would
appear that Lemmy was among the guest performers- a number of pics of him
doing his thang onstage.

There's much else of interest on this site, with English translations of at
least some pages. I found the site via the recommendation at Larry Wallis'
site www.pinkfairies.co.uk, which reminds me that I *still* haven't bought
Larry's "Death in the Guitafternoon" album, nor have I seen any mention of
it here- someone must have it surely?

Nick