High rise

Denis Regenbrecht denis at PTI-INC.DE
Tue Apr 29 13:10:33 EDT 2003

Hi Alistair,

> said Bass tabs got me thinking how excellent the bass playing on High
> Rise
> is.

ACK to that! It's my favourite Hawkwind tune and the bass-playing there
is one of the reasons I started to learn playing bass.
BTW, it seems I can't find the bass-tab section of the starfarer site,
only the guitar-chord one...

> Does anyone know of any other bassists handling High Rise live ? Has
> Harvey
> ever done it live ? are there any other versions available on tape
> ,CD/R , or
> whatever of other bassists attempting it?

I know (and have heard versions) from Ade Shaw (of course), Harvey
Bainbridge (during the Hawklords years, there's a nice
Hawklords-version with Harvey playing on the "Hawklords live" disc),
Ron Tree (during the 1999 winter tour IIRC) and of course Alan Davey.

> How many times has High Rise been
> done live? Certainly, I dont think anyone touched it seriously for
> some 20
> yrs or so (From Ade leaving to Ali trying it unless I'm right about
> Harvey.

I have no idea how many time it has been performed, but AFAIK it wasn't
played live between the Hawklords-period and 1999, when it returned
with Ron Tree as bassist.

(c)IAO
                D+R
--
"Nothing is true - everything is permissible"
                Hassan I Sabha