HW:high rise

Alistair Ogilvy Alogilvy at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 29 18:36:35 EDT 2003

Thanks dennis for the reply.
I'd forgotten that theyd done it live with Ron playing bass. I must have seen
them do it with that line up as well. Damned if I can remember wether Ron was
any good on bass on those occassions. (I recall him playing bass at
guildford, but I,m pretty sure he didnt at Brixton ( Alien tour) ).
I didnt know there was a version on Hawklords live...I've never got round to
getting that..only discovered it existed when I checked the codex on Steves
site. Does Harvey play the same bass line as Ade? is he any good ? Is there a
recorded version with Ron on bass?
Was the Hawklords tour the only time Harvey played bass on High Rise?
If so it looks like there was a considerable gap between airings. Having
tried out Steves Basstab for HR I reckon that could have something to do with
the sheer brilliance and skill needed to master it !! (It'll keep me busy for
some years yet !!!)

Al