Subject: Hawkfest Sunday

Maxine Wesley maxine.wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Fri Aug 1 06:09:18 EDT 2003

> Date:    Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:56:56 +0100
> From:    Hawkwind <boclist at HWIND.GLOBALNET.CO.UK>
> Subject: Hawkfest Sunday

Are there any succinct directions/map of the site? Made really good
progress from Pompe to Devon last year.... then got extremely lost
and confused.

I printed off the map from the HW website only to find that the 'farm'
was not mentioned on the road nor map. After several diversions (in
an already overheated D- reg Peugot!!) into quaint villages/petrol
stations & subsequently all of the left & right turns in the area.. not to
mention overshooting the site (as from the road everything was
obscured).... I spotted a car full of likely suspects and flagged them
down .. only to find they too had not found the site, despite also being
the approximate vicinity for an hour themselves.

> Any other questions?...... ;-)

Is this one going to be easier to find or do you credit Hawkwind fans
with some sort of divine astral navigation system? I don't think the car
can face another Festival hunt..... especially after the long drive north.

regards (HELP?)

Maxine
Maxine