HW Hawkfest Transport

StevePXR5 at AOL.COM StevePXR5 at AOL.COM
Tue Aug 5 14:33:04 EDT 2003

motherfitzpatrick at BTOPENWORLD.COM writes:

> Nice idea, however we've got two children ( including a rather large
> 3-wheeled pushchair ) and a dog ! So a whole black-cab will be needed.
> Might well drop into one of the pubs anyway to feed hungry-husband!

Well it's the Dog & Partridge for you then as it's child, and dog, friendly.

When you come off the train, I think you have to leave by the side entrance
as the main one is shut.  Was last time I went anyhow.

So it's out the side entrance, cross the zebra crossing ant turn left.
You'll find yourselves on the main road that is Fishergate.  Cross the road
at the lights and continue straight on down Corporation Street.

You'll see Office World.  Continue to the sign for the Office World carpark,
turn right and walk through it.  Straight on past the Trophy Centre and the
Italian restauraunts (if you can) there's a bus stop ahead of you.
Turn left here and there it is.

5 minutes maximum on foot.

It's a bikers pub with a really good bunch of people in there, good beer and
good food.  A tip though... avoid the curry.  It's good, but it's daaaamn hot!

Unfortunately I won't be there to meet you as we set off in the taxi at 11
ish.
Say Alice Cooper Steve told you about it, and give Conrad a bit of stick for
me.  He's the one with the spikey dyed black hair behind the bar... calls me
Granddad :-)

Enjoy, and see you at the fest.

Steve.