So, anybody not going to Hawkfest?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Aug 7 20:46:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:47:53 -0400, Eric Siegerman <erics at TELEPRES.COM>
wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 10:19:30AM -0700, KevinSommers wrote:
>> Partly funds, but also the promise (?!?) of a Hawkwind US tour
>> in the fall.
>
>Likewise -- I'm saving both money and vacation days for that.
>Green with envy in the meantime.

In my case, two European trips this summer was just too much to try to
pull off, both time- and finances-wise.  I made the right decision, as my
trip to Germany last month was possibly the best experience of my life;
certainly one of them!  Plus, I would have been letting my bandmates down
if I hadn't gone with them - moreso than I initially thought, since they
could have performed without me, but the recording we did there (in
a "dream studio") would not have happened in my absence.  Unfortunately,
the afteraffects of the trip will continue to eat up my vacation time, as
I have a visitor from there to host for three weeks next month ...

>Have fun, people who are going to be there!

I'll second that!  (Even though we already KNOW that you will!)

Cheers,

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com