Rare Cds

David Blair drb.serendipity at DSL.PIPEX.COM
Sun Aug 10 15:59:07 EDT 2003

In article <000801c35f71$5dc4af20$0d736751 at IRONDREAM>, Colm McWilliams
<mr_bt at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK> writes
>arent they going to be reissued on voiceprint quite soon? I mean dave brocks
>first two solo ablums on flick knife?
>
>colm

They're already out, I got my copy yesterday. There was some concern a
while back that they may have missed some tracks off, and looking at the
Voiceprint website it seems that they have, but the tracklisting there
is wrong. This is the full tracklisting (Exactly as listed on the back
cover, complete with spelling mistakes)

EARTHED TO THE GROUND
1 Earthed To Ground
2 Assassination
3 Green Fin Demon
4 Spirits
5 Sweet Obsession
6 Oscillations
7 Machine Dream
8 Now Is The Winter
9 On The Case
10 Rapeing Robots
11 Wired Up For Sound
12 Rideing The Range
12 Sleep of 1000 Tears
14 Social Alliance

THE AGENTS OF CHAOS
1 Hi Tech Cities
2 A Day
3 In The Office
4 Hades Deep
5 Words Of A Song
6 Heads
7 Nocturne
8 Wastelands Of Sleep
9 Empty Dreams
10 Infinity
11 Mountain In The Sky

Unsurprisingly, Calvert gets no credit for his lyrics to a couple of
songs on Earthed To The Ground.

I don't know why they didn't add Infinity (Bonus track) at the end, and
I don't believe the Voiceprint website saying it features Lemmy - there
is a bit of bass guitar on it, but it's nothing special and the track
just sounds like a demo or alternative mix of the PXR5 version. I wish
they hadn't put Wired Up For Sound on, it's almost embarrassingly bad -
it's the early demo version of Earthed To The Ground. It sound like Mr
Brock had no idea what the tune was going to be, and he seems to be
singing almost random notes, mostly off-key. Sleep Of 1000 Tears seems
to be another experiment/demo - vocals almost spoken over an electronic
backing, and Rideing (sic) The Range is a short forgettable
instrumental.

Overall it's a good release, but with flaws - and I'm sure I can hear
some surface noise in there, as if the source material was vinyl.

--
David Blair