Hawkfest 2003 thoughts

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Aug 12 10:09:07 EDT 2003

=?iso-8859-1?q?Alan=20Linsley?= writes:

> Well I thought that was the fantastic.  The festival was excellently
> organised, just the right scale, good layout, plenty of space.  I
> enjoyed my "veggie crap" from the cafe (sorry carnivores), they did
> well to keep the food going all weekend.  And I was particularly
> impressed by the big inflatable phallic lighting system nearby.

That light was the worst thing at the festival. It was an impure colour
and it interfered with astronomical observation. I think a nice red
filter is needed for next year and I plan to start sticking sweetie
papers together now in preparation.

A truly excellent festival though and thanks to everyone who worked so
hard to make it that way. More detailed review to follow...

FoFP