HW: Hawkfest 2003

Horse horse at DARKSTAR.UK.NET
Wed Aug 13 12:39:14 EDT 2003

Greetings all

How is it possible to express what a truly fabulous time we had at the Hawkfest. Just thinking
about it makes me want to get up and jig about the room.
All the bands I managed to see were great (well most of them anyhow) and the headliners were
superb with Hawkwind playing and sounding better than I've heard them in ages. The
atmosphere was friendly and relaxed and the whole thing was really well organised. Thanks to
everyone who helped make it so special - bands, crew, crowd, security and especially the
organisers. Even the bogs were good - I could still use them on Monday morning!

Special thanks to Arthur Brown and Instant Flight for a brilliant psychedelic 60's set (Kites -
wow!) on the Friday night. The last time I saw Arthur with a Fire helmet was at Weeley in 1971.
I hope Arthur's at the next one and does some of the earlier Kingdom Come numbers - the
whole of Galactic Zoo Dossier please. :^)

I can't think why anyone wouldn't like Hawkwind's set 'cos they were really on top form (thanks
to Allen Linsley for the set list) and totally blew me away. AD seemed to be having a fun time
with his head as well - Clint Eastwood eh!?! The sound and light crew did a brilliant job - crystal
clear sound and megatrippy lightshow.

Roll on Hawkfest 2004 - sell me a ticket NOW!

Horse