OFF: summer 2003 (was Re: Hawkfest)

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Aug 16 14:11:56 EDT 2003

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:21:12 +0100, gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK wrote:
>What a summer this has turned out to be... yet another excellent HW fest...
>seeing Poison Idea for the first time in 10 years... Killing Joke at a
>secret club show... first time in 8 years... Turbonegro boat trip on the
>Thames next week (trying to arrange for Malcolm McLaren to get arrested,
>we'll see...), Radio Birdman for the first time ever in a couple of
>weeks...

Man!  Those are some GREAT shows, alright!  Did Killing Joke have their
current secret-celebrity drummer (some guy named "Gull" or "Droll" or
something)?  At least I got to see the Stooges reunion earlier this
summer ... (and will have the opportunity in a couple weeks to see if
Mudhoney are still playing "Urban Guerilla" at their shows)

Feel free to post reviews here, especially of Radio Birdman!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com